Monday, April 18, 2011

Pitch & 250 Word Contest Entries Up

Hi all,

First, thanks so much for all the participation and for making this contest a success.

Second, I am all about learning, as I am sure you are, when it comes to writing. No matter how much you learn there is more to learn.

I did not make this a rule, so this is going to be an on your honor system. I would like to see everyone to pick three submission and make comments on them (of course you can do more).

Please, do not be rude. There are ways to critique without being a jerk. In other words, helpful comments only.

I hate having to say that, but I have seen on writing sites and blogs some people getting a little rude.

Let's all help each other on our way to publication. We're all in this together. :)

Please note: Select entries from the side column. It has come to my attention that if you select older posts from the bottom of the page that some entries might get skipped over. I would like to make sure everyone's entries get at least a couple, if not more, comments.

If you see a mistake on your entry OR you don't see your entry at all, please let me know. You can email me or contact me on twitter or facebook. I will be more than happy to fix my mistake.

There are 88 entries. My eyes started to cross after awhile. I would be rather surprised if I didn't make a mistake somewhere.

Also, because there are 88 entries, Gina has her work cut out for her. Especially with the awesome entries we have. Please be patient while she works her way through these.

In the meantime, we have entries to read, comments to post AND I'm very lucky to have authors Wayne Simmons and Nancy Holzner come and visit my blog soon. I'm very very excited about that.

Have fun and thank you so much for making this the best contest ever. And special thanks to Gina Panettieri for donating her time to making this a success.

9 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! I hope your eyes un-cross soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of entries to put up. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work put into this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an incredible opportunity to get feedback! Thank you so much for all your hard work. Major karma points are heading your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My entry has gone through a big change at the beginning. Can I change mine or should I just drop out of the contest? The new 250 words is soooo much better than before that I don't want to waste Gina's (or anyone else's) time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your hard work! What an excellent idea! YOU. ROCK. :D

    Just a quick (kind of dumb) Q: we can comment in reply to a critique, correct? :P

    THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for late reply... yes, you can comment if you like. But please remember that comments are only opinions. Use the ones that are helpful and discard the ones that are not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all your time and work on this contest Ebyss and Gina. Eighty eight entries, wow. There is a lot of good writing in there. Best of luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for this opportunity.

    I've noticed fewer comments on the earlier entries. Mine still has only one!

    ReplyDelete