Sunday, August 30, 2009

How do you write?

So far, I am writing four manuscripts.

The first is a young adult fantasy. It is complete. The second is a paranormal romance. It is half way complete--45,000 words. The third is a sci-fi paranormal (I guess might be the best way to describe it)---4,000 words. And the fourth is just the beginning of a sequel for my young adult fantasy.

I know how I want to start my books. I know how I want my books to end. I have a little bit of an idea of how to get from point A (the beginning) to point C (the end), but over all, I don't have the foggiest of what is going to happen, nor do I know all of the characters that are going to rear from the depths of my imagination.

My storyline often ends up being as much of a surprise for me as it might for any prospective readers.

How about you? Do you write with no idea of what is going to happen? Or are you the organized type that has an outline that they follow?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sort of the same way. I know the start and the beginning for sure, but in the middle I do have a few pit stops the characters need to make, to ensure that they don't go veering off course into a like that won't work.

    It gives me the freedom to play, but also keeps me grounded.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete